What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific This image needs a tune up

Dziga74

Premium Member
Picture is a little bit grainy, the focus in a little soft, the colors are a little muted and the shadows are a little too prominent.

Please use whatever means you see fit to clean this up and make it look as nice as possible for printing. Please bring the eyes out a little bit!

Please post your process and your results in full resolution.

Thanks!!

JR.jpg

Here is my version and workflow. Hope you liked the results.

• Removed noise
  • Adjusted Clarity & Dehaze
  • Added more sharpness
  • Brightened eyes.
  • Lightened dark circles under the eyes just a little.
  • Darkened lips just a little
  • Adjusted skin tone and image contrast
  • Verified image was 300 dpi and ready for up to 8x10 print
  • Performed general spot cleanup on parts of the face, lip, and removed small hair on forehead.

JR.png

Here is my version and workflow. Hope you liked the results.

• Removed noise
  • Adjusted Clarity & Dehaze
  • Added more sharpness
  • Brightened eyes.
  • Lightened dark circles under the eyes just a little.
  • Darkened lips just a little
  • Adjusted skin tone and image contrast
  • Verified image was 300 dpi and ready for up to 8x10 print
  • Performed general spot cleanup on parts of the face, lip, and removed small hair on forehead.

View attachment 123504
Thanks very much, definite improvement

Looks like a lot of us here have been working on this. Fun challenge:)

Changed background to remove banding (electronic shutter w/ LEDs?) but tried to keep flavor of original
Added a bit of background height to image
The noise is mostly JPEG artifacting and removing it kills detail/sharpness unfortunately but had to be done.
Selectively sharpened some areas such as eyes.
Guessed on eye color
Simplified specular highlights to eyes, mostly to give illusion of sharpness
Changed color balance of skin and made it more vibrant
Lightened hair shadows
Changed highlight on nose... for better or worse
I took the liberty of removing mic. I thought it was exceedingly distracting from an otherwise beautiful portrait. If this is a promo for a public speaker, I really blew it.:(

Clean-up_7.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn’t leave well enough alone especially after seeing how Babine rendered the whites in the blouse. That’s something I’m normally picky about but went blind this time. I even missed the ugly magenta and yellow blotches on the bottom whites that appeared after changing vibrance. One thing leads to another and I ended up altering the hue of the background to go better with the eyes and hair. I also overlaid some color in the hair shadows. …and a number of minor stuff was fixed.
Enough changes to warrant a repost, I think.

Clean-up_8.jpg

Back