What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid PrivacyRequired Cert Alterations

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone know the status of this job?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify, forgery requests are only restricted in the Free Edit section. Here in the Paid Edit section, forgery requests are allowed. The overall forum is not here to play the role of the moral advocate of it's members. The choice as to whether or not you wish to participate in forgeries is strictly up to the individual members. They would assume all legal risks for committing a forgery.

With the exception of the Free Edit section, any member is welcome to, within reason, voice his or her opinion(s) on any forum content including the content of the Paid Edit section. Just know that if said content remains within the guidelines/rules of the forum, it will be allowed.

hawkeye

Guru
"They would assume all legal risks for committing a forgery. " Just because you state that doesn't make it so. That would be up to a court to decide, thus the possibility of liability does exist for the forger.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just because you state that doesn't make it so. That would be up to a court to decide, thus the possibility of liability does exist for the forger.
Yes, that's what I said. They, the individual members are the ones at risk of liability.

hawkeye

Guru
Yes, that's what I said. They, the individual members are the ones at risk of liability.
And very possibly the website which allows and facilitates it. Remote as that may seem to you, it is a real risk in this litigious world. Obviously you feel differently and certainly that is your right.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And very possibly the website which allows and facilitates it. Remote as that may seem to you, it is a real risk in this litigious world.
I truly respect your opinion and concern, but you are mistaken. This fact has already been put to the legal test with past situations. Legislation is in place to protect all forums against liability of member content. The individual members are the "publishers" of content, not the provider/forum.

hawkeye

Guru
The protection from liability for a forum which facilitates the solicitation of illegal activity is yet to be fully tested. Frankly I don't see where it's beneficial for any website to test the limits of current protections. But obviously that is a decision which is not mine to make.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The protection from liability for a forum which facilitates the solicitation of illegal activity is yet to be fully tested.
I speak from first hand experience. As it relates to forums/blogs, etc., it has been "adequately" tested. As of yet, the current protections have proven reliable. I will concede that everything is subject to change.

Frankly I don't see where it's beneficial for any website to test the limits of current protections.
Can't say that I disagree. All I can say is that the current protections do work.

But obviously that is a decision which is not mine to make.
Fortunately, it's not mine to make either. These decisions are made above me. I do support the concept that the forum is not the arbiter of morality and we do not impose specific ethics on our members. Provided it's compliant to the existing rules, this forum is not responsible for member content.

This dead horse has been beaten severely over the years. As I have previously stated, I can appreciate and respect your opinions but the bottom line is that this matter is out of both of our hands.

divamama21

I speak from first hand experience. As it relates to forums/blogs, etc., it has been "adequately" tested. As of yet, the current protections have proven reliable. I will concede that everything is subject to change.

Can't say that I disagree. All I can say is that the current protections do work.

Fortunately, it's not mine to make either. These decisions are made above me. I do support the concept that the forum is not the arbiter of morality and we do not impose specific ethics on our members. Provided it's compliant to the existing rules, this forum is not responsible for member content.

This dead horse has been beaten severely over the years. As I have previously stated, I can appreciate and respect your opinions but the bottom line is that this matter is out of both of our hands.
Wish you were on my post yesterday!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wish you were on my post yesterday!
Please do not confuse my defense of the forum as my personal opinions towards forgery and all other illegal requests made in this forum. I have not now nor would I ever complete an edit of such nature.

divamama21

And I understand that. But this is a photoshop forum, not a personal opinion forum. We just ask for assistance on an edit, not opinions regarding the edit, especially if we’re paying.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But this is a photoshop forum, not a personal opinion forum.
You're right! This forum is first and foremost a Photoshop discussion forum! With the exception of the free edit forum, any and all opinions and discussions are welcome.

We just ask for assistance on an edit, not opinions regarding the edit,
I understand. Based on the type of request you make, you may or may not receive comments or opinions.............but they are allowed and a risk you must consider when making certain types of edits. Remember, you have the choice as to whether or not you respond to the comments.

especially if we’re paying
You are requesting and possibly paying a member for an edit and not the forum. Remember, this forum is not providing you a service, the individual members are. So the fact that you are offering reward for work has no bearing on the comments that are allowed in the overall forum.