What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific CV Photo

pololamachine

Hi everyone. I needed a new CV photo so I took this in front of red so that it would be easier to remove the background, would it be possible to have an empty background so that I can add my own and see which one fits bestIMG_0281.jpg? I've already tried but the red outline is always there :/. Thanks!!!

JeffK

Guru
This is a blurry shot which is why you might be having a problem with the edges. Had the same issues myself.
The red background also seems to be reflecting onto the edges of your image.
Did the best I could and included a bit of sharpening.
Returned as a png with a transparent background so you can add any background you'd like...

profile image edited.png

Last edited:

ex_teacher

Guru
Jeff K did a great job but what looked like an 'artificial suntan over a bad sunburn' bothered me. It has to be a result of the camera being fooled by all the intense red in the background unless it really is an 'artificial suntan over a bad sunburn' Using Jeff K's image I added a bit of 'texture', 'clarity' and 'dehaze' and a big decrease in vibrance using the Camera RAW filter. Might need a tweak in white balance too.

profile image edited REV_camera RAW filter_1.png

ex_teacher

Guru
OK...I'm going way out on a limb here but I suspect this shot was taken with a wide angle lens; head high. Shooting from the hip, I perspective corrected... just because. Might very well be all wrong.

The differences are subtle but to my eyes the head is a bit shorter/wider and the shoulders a bit wider appearing. It really shows up when A&B-ing the images.

profile image edited REV_camera RAW filter_2.png

Last edited:

JeffK

Guru
OK...I'm going way out on a limb here but I suspect this shot was taken with a wide angle lens; head high. Shooting from the hip, I perspective corrected... just because. Might very well be all wrong.

The differences are subtle but to my eyes the head is a bit shorter/wider and the shoulders a bit wider appearing. It really shows up when A&B-ing the images.

I'll meet you out on that limb... :)
The subject's head position is looking straight into the camera so I don't think this was anything less than a straight on shot. And if it was wide angle, I think you'd see far more distortion from the center out.
What I think you might be seeing is some foreshortening from the position of shoulders. Without any familiarity, the image is probably honest. If the OP feels there's any lens distortion, he can always request a correction.

*Correction - exif data shows it was a wide angle
1632086156343.png

Last edited: