What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inner glow

JeffK

Guru
Magic eraser would work - make sure the contiguous box isn't checked . Put a colored layer underneath to check to see if you removed all the white.

1632173867724.png

You an also double click on the layer to open the Layer Styles dialog box - then pull that top right arrow to the left until the white background is gone

1632173673824.png

You can also use the magic wand tool to select and mask out the white - also make contiguous box isn't checked:

1632174044695.png

As a final check, put a colored layer underneath to check to see if all the white has been removed. Touch up as needed.

- Jeff

thebestcpu

Guru
lastly, I only wanted to ask one more thing (sorry for being a little bothering) is the magic eraser tool a proper way to get rid of the white bg, or would you recommend something else maybe something that would bring a smoother transition between removed bg and pattern itself.
Sure @Matti

Select the Layer of the pattern in the Layers Panel
Then used CMD + click on thumbnail of RGB channel the the Channels Panel (Use Cntl+Click... on PCs). This step will create a selection of the white area on your image making it a smooth transition.
Then just click the Delete Key to delete the white areas leaving transparency
Then Cmd + D (Cntl + D on PCs) to remove the selection
And now you have your pattern with no white background and a relatively smooth transition

This is one way to consider
John Wheeler

Matti

Thank you guys, so many valuable things I've learned from you today. I will be testing your methods tomorrow morning because it's over midnight in my place and I'm a bit tired
CU tomorrow

JeffK

Guru
Sure @Matti

Select the Layer of the pattern in the Layers Panel
Then used CMD + click on thumbnail of RGB channel the the Channels Panel (Use Cntl+Click... on PCs). This step will create a selection of the white area on your image making it a smooth transition.
Then just click the Delete Key to delete the white areas leaving transparency
Then Cmd + D (Cntl + D on PCs) to remove the selection
And now you have your pattern with no white background and a relatively smooth transition

This is one way to consider
John Wheeler
Cool technique, John. One more for the tool box. :thumbsup: