What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can this be fixed

Landlocation

Premium Member
It seems that there is some lightness in the middle of the image just left of the house, can this be evened out? Looking to make print, thanks. Map 170-32-S2-0031 9x14.jpg

Landlocation

Premium Member
Thanks that looks great, I just need to work on my skill to do this , any suggestions?

Kim

Dennis1507

Likely there are many ways to do the same adjustment. I used the Levels adjustment layer in Photoshop, inversed the mask , and only darkened the areas that I wanted by painting white over the light areas. That way the rest of the image in not darkened as well. I could have use the burn tool as well and end up with a similar results but I like using non-destructive layers most of the time. Hope this helps.

Babine

Guru
Made a feather selection of the washed out areas, applied curves adjustments to match the nearby lighting then another curves layer to alter the contrast.
Due to the attached masks with curves, these masks can be filled with black and apply the adjustments with a very low opacity white brush to match.

Map-170-32-S2-0031-9x14.jpg