What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things you might not know in Photoshop

iDad

Guru
Be my guest add things that you think are unusual to use

I just realized this by accident :mrgreen: (and to think I've been changing them in preferences all this time........:banghead:

Did you know you can right click the work space rulers area and change the settings to whatever you need pixels, inches,picas,Centimeters.etc etc

Last edited:
LoL...i didn't but actually didn't needed either (set to cm and forgot about it). But usefull info anyway. I believe there is dozens of such things in PS which user must find himself (or herself...hmm and what gender is correct to use with "user"?) or have to really read PS original manual. How many of 'profesional' photoshopists had done it? :D

I think I used to know this one, but I forgot about it long time ago, thank you for bringing it up.

I can´t see what´s on the link Idad, it says that the attachment is invalid.

It showed what happen when :
Did you know you can right click the work space rulers area and change the settings to whatever you need pixels, inches,picas,Centimeters.etc etc

ok I will add 1 did you know if you use a filter effect and you find it to strong as long as it is the next thing you do you can go to edit and you will see an option to fade the last filter applied

did you also know that if you make a selection and select the move tool and hold down control + alt and click and drag that selection it will duplicate it and you can do this as many times as you want.

I am feeling generous however that top tip is very usefull and many people do not know it exsists

In edit you can fade any effect you have just made anyway?

yes but not everyone is aware of that function and even now you just checked it

I use it all the time mate, it's a standard feature, i think iDAD was getting at more 'hidden' features where multiple keyboard hits are required to achieve things.

OK keyboard short cuts then
Did you know that if you select the text tool and type in these combination of numbers you can get copyright symbols etc

• For the Copyright symbol (©) Hold the Alt key down and type 0169.
  • For the Trademark symbol (TM) Hold the Alt key down and type 0153.
  • For the Registered symbol (®) Hold the Alt key down and type 0174.
So you can easily watermark your work from now on lol

Not for me to approve, just sticking to threads original theme does help everyone else - less confusion that way mate.

and that theme being
Re: Things you might not know in Photoshop

so really any tip can qualify

I was just recently looking for the fade filter. I think they moved it from a previous version. I thought they took it out.

Back