What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make Timeline window not show up on startup?

ja_

Every time I open Photoshop, the Timeline window shows up. If I close it, it still reappears when I open a new file or next time I open photoshop again. How do i permanently stop it from appearing?

ja_

That closed it right then, but when I open photoshop again, or open a new picture, it's still showing up. This is perplexing.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
hmm can't replicate it on my machine. Try resetting things and see how that goes. I am aware of problems with the Time Line, sometimes users having to reinstall Ps.

ja_

Thanks, that worked. Gotta change the preferences back again, but at least it's fixed now. Thanks.

ja_

Ah! I opened the same picture I was working on, and it's now reappearing again.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I guess you'll have to take your thanks back! Sorry, Uninstall & reinstall? I'm seriously not techy. I expect some more computer savvy folk to be on fairly soon this week. Others are around, but like the cops, not when you want them! Uh, when do you want them? Cops that is. Well, next time my neighbors . . .