What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is this technique done?

oltltli

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how this technique was done?

I know this is a little far from realistic, but I still need to know how it is done.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much !!!!

Attachments

• portrait - b1.jpg
    portrait - b1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 61

Tom Mann

Guru
IMHO, all of the following contributed to this look: background, lighting, liquify, excess noise reduction, large-R USM (or equivalent) + some good old fashioned dodging and burning.

Of course, a list like the one above is almost completely useless because a huge number of possibilities and design choices open up at each step along the path, so it's almost impossible for someone to come up with a similar look unless they were very experienced and made the correct choices at each step.

If you want to learn how to do something like this, IMHO, a much better approach would be to supply an appropriate starting image of your own and then have the folks on this forum demonstrate what they can come up with. Then, get the PS file (and other settings) of the "winning" effort and then study it in incredible detail.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I liked the video Dom, but that POP-UP has to go!!!!!! Very annoying!

chitkaran

Guru
The pop is indeed irritating mate.. you might want to have a close button to be able to close it just in case someone is not interested.