What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

add light to your images

nitea

hey everyone, I was sniffing around the web when I saw this technique, which seems really creative to me and I wanted to share with you, you can also find a light templates free in this link ... do not take it as spam please, because I'm new and I just wondered how to start posting here, cause except in the forum I'm new with image manipulations as well ..... anyway. I did an experiment with one of my images ...
hope you find it useful :)

http://digital-photography-school.com/create-cast-light-image-using-photoshop-elements/

add_light.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice tutorial Diyana, thanks for sharing.

The effect turned out great on your image, good job!

Tom Mann

Guru
Yes, it was a nice tutorial. FWIW, without much additional work make the method a good bit more general by starting with either a color adjustment layer or even several color adjustment layers masked to fade different colors in and out in different areas of the photo, and use ordinary layers (in "multiply" layer blending mode) to improve on the flexibility of the masking process. When I get a chance, I'll write up this variant of the method.

That being said, the truth be told, most of the time when I need such efx, I just fire up the gobo / lighting efx section of Tiffen DFX ;-). It's a lot faster than "rolling your own" each time you need something like this.

Cheers,

T

nitea

Thank you IamSam

Tom Mann it will be interesting for me to understand your technique ...
download a trial version of dfx ... mainly curiosity :) thanks for sharing it ...

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hey Diyana, all things considered, Tom has been piddling around in Photoshop a few years now, lol, and he already knows how to do these things using native tools. He may be taking short cuts now, but I bet he learned the old-fashioned way . . .

We all need to learn to use Phtoshop before we start adding plugins - although they can be fun. At least in my opion, we need to walk before we run.

And btw, I like your results. Soft and romantic.

nitea

Thank you ...

Clare, I think the same .....still learning the basic things of Photoshop.
It was interesting to check Tom's method, but to be honest still didn't installed the trial version to check ...