What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new here, and not sure if this is in the right place. But here we go...

I'm making an album cover for someone, and he wants to do a parody of the Bob Dylan sinlge, Tangled Up In Blue. It looks simple enough, but I have no idea how to get his face to look like that. Since it is a parody I want his cover, with his face to look as much like Dylans as possible.
Tips, ideas, tutorials or anything would be much appreciated! I've been staring at it for a couple hours now, and am about to lose my mind. :)

Tangled_Up_in_Blue_Cover.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Noise filter would work with a slight blur for that 70's feel i suppose.

That was my original thought, but, nothing working right. I'm also kind of new to photoshop and self taught, I might be missing something. Haha. I think I need a break.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Post your efforts and let us take a look.

Paul

Former Member
Have you got an image to show us?

Tom Mann

Guru
If your goal is to have your background be as close as possible to the one on the original, maybe this will help you.

The question of what to do for the face is obviously entirely separate. I rather like the general idea of what you did in Illustrator, but if you want the face to also match closely with the original, you need to use a photo not an AI drawing.

Tom M

Attachments

• TJM_bkgnd01.jpg
    TJM_bkgnd01.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Sure, of course you can use my texture. That's why I posted it at a decent resolution. But I wish you had been clearer about exactly what parts of the original album art you wanted to mimic, and which you wanted to completely replace. It sounded to me like the first order of business was to nail the texture down.

So, other than the film grain - to - plaid replacement, do you really want to mimic the other parts of the original and use a suitably corrupted photo (and the AI drawing is only a stopgap measure), or do you want to use your drawing? What about the red-purple rectangle going down the LH edge of the original album?

T