What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need some help

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Chris ..........:clap:Thanks for that explanation!! Good job!

ibclare

Queen Bee
There's a true painterliness, overly sharpened edges of the books and a cartoonish effect on all. This seems to have been achieved with pulgins outside of PS, like the Topaz you mentioned chris. Still, just keeping the shelf lines over his face was accomplishment enough!

Some of the attempts you guys managed in this thread are AWESOME! However, I'm fairly sure that the original cover is a painting.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
First, I know it is an old thread but I tought this was a fine manipulation and since I'm in the process of learning I had a go at it..., nothing came close to the result of the original picture.
Then when I was reading the way ChrisDesign did it (thanks for that Chris) I wrote a post-it to remind me of trying again.
I used my own footage and this is the result:

boekenrek Einstein.jpg

and this is how:

Knipsel.JPG

After starting over a few times I think I got it and it was done in about an half hour.

Is it any good?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely close.

The original was in color as well as Chris' version. It looses something as a B&W.

You have not managed to get the stepped effect of the image against the books as was done in the original.

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 9.03.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 9.03.20 AM.png

Yours is straight...

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 9.04.41 AM.png

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the observations Sam.
And yes the grey coat was not a good choice. I'll change that for myself.
I think I can get the stepped effect with the clone tool.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You have done a fantastic job! This is a very hard effect to duplicate. I have no doubt that you will get it!

If I have some time, I would also like to revisit my efforts in creating this effect as it's been one that I've struggled with.

Keep us posted.

Hi Eggy
Your result is first class work. I like it very much. In a way it looks very very close to the original.
I also agree with what Sam mentioned.
Now I look forward to see your next corrected version.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hi Chris,
Well, got rid of the grey color of his shirt (what was I thinking?) except his hair and moustache which was his trademark.
With the clone stamp I 'pixellated' the contour.

Attachments

• boekenrek Einstein.jpg
    boekenrek Einstein.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2