What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typing Chinese fonts in photoshop

apenan

hi...
I don't know if I am in the correct forum.
How do I type Chinese fonts in photoshop? At the moment, I use
CS3 and CS 6.
Thanks for your expert guidance.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you installed a Chinese font into Photoshop?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
There are a few options but that depends on what you're up to... the guys above posted good options.

If you have Chinese Star ( that's the Chinese version of Microsoft Word ), you can import the typed text into Photoshop. You may have to size the font character to the needed size.

apenan

hi...
I don't know if I am in the correct forum.
How do I type Chinese fonts in photoshop? At the moment, I use
CS3 and CS 6.
Thanks for your expert guidance.

Thanks, everyone for your response to my question. I really appreciate it very much.
Yes, I have Chinese fonts installed in my system. I want to type Chinese characters
in photoshop to create a photo like Chinese painting with calligraphy.
I cannot use word star as the back ground colour will be different. I need to type
the characters directly into the photo in photoshop.
Thanks again for all your response.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks, everyone for your response to my question. I really appreciate it very much.
Yes, I have Chinese fonts installed in my system. I want to type Chinese characters
in photoshop to create a photo like Chinese painting with calligraphy.
I cannot use word star as the back ground colour will be different. I need to type
the characters directly into the photo in photoshop.
Thanks again for all your response.

Just a word of advise.... Since your using Chinese character fonts, just make sure the character is appropriate for the image. Chinese characters (about +50,000) work differently compared to the Roman Alphabet. For Chinese fonts you only have as much as there are text and symbol keys on your keyboard.

There are many images I see in the net whose designers used a character/s on an image when it actually meant nothing or was gibberish or the complete opposite of the image theme.....