What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop filtres in CMYK color mode

thebestcpu

Guru
I don't know of any magic switch to have all the filters work in CMYK. Also note that 8 bit vs 16 bit makes a difference as well whether in CMYK or RGB.

There is a workaround (not perfect) using Smart Objects. The best implementation depends on your specific Layer Stack implementation.

The basics of the workaround are:
- select the portion of the Layer Stack for which you want to apply the filter and make it a Smart Object (preserves that portion of the stack in CMYK)
- Convert to RGB mode
- Apply the Filter to the Smart Object
- If you want to edit the CMYK Layers open up the Smart Object and make changes. Save Smart Object before going back to main Layer Stack

There are a number of variations or approaches depending on your specific Layer Stack yet hope this gives you a direction to take.

John Wheeler

F

falls6

sorry I haven't figure it out
o.png

revnart

Power User
I don't know if it solves your problem, but you can set your project as RGB so all the filters will be active but display it as it would look in CMYK mode. choose View > Proof Setup > Working CMYK to view a soft proof of the image in simulated CMYK color. Or use ctrl/cms+y keyboard shortcut :)