What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need Help with this game art

Zain Khan

Banned
2ugkobk.png

I have this image of the snow feild for an rpg game, but right now the image looks a bit flat, as if all the assets have been just pasted over the snow. If we make the ground/snow feel like it has depth and have some assets such as the ones shown to make the world feel believable that would be great. As if it is actual snow feild and not just a plain white background.
Can Anybody help me with this? Or atleast give me an Idea? Thank you :). Below is the list of item that I have as suggestion
1fyc1z.png

colleague

Guru
you have to do a little homework

google for snowy landscape that you like and put it on a layer with mode "darken" and mask it where you want it to be visible
google for roots that you like and use clone-tool on all the trees
google for that grass that you think will work in this image
google for dead needles

give us the images that you want in the image and then we can say how we would do this , mostly just clone-tool will do

Attachments

• snowrootsgrassneedles.jpg
    snowrootsgrassneedles.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 22

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
if i were an artist working on this game i would definitely add some shadows in, if the game is primarily 2d and sprite based you could use an alpha texture for the tree to include a shadow.

for the snow, you could take it down the photographic route like colleague has, OR use manual texturing which will keep consistency, seamlessness AND the overall look of the game (i assume its meant to be cartoony)
the best way to do snow nice and quick is to use light grey and dark grey>Render clouds> duplicate layer> unsharp mask (high radius and threshold)>duplicate layer> add plastic wrap filter> set blend mode to screen.

dead grass, and pine needles would have to be manually painted in order to keep consistency and keep out of copyright trouble, the best way to do this would be to define brushes and set the brush dynamics to scattered and have a slight hue and brightness shift.