What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for this effect in photoshop

caisarts

Hello everyone ! I'm new here !
I'm digital illustrator and I'm doing an illustration for a private project , I saw on internet an illustrator that I like so much and love the effect that She use in her illustration, but I don't know how to re-create it, can you help me ? ( is the effect of old-paper-grunge style ...I think )
this is the image of reference:
www.photoshopgurus.com.jpg

please, help me :((
thanks
Dany

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Mann

Guru
The first thing I would try would be to move the image from Adobe Illustrator (which I believe is where you want to start) into Photoshop at the final pixel dimensions(!!!), and then either:

a) Use various grunge brushes (with the correct blending mode) for the different textures (eg, wood, vegetation, etc.); or,

b) Add various grunge layers above the illustration (with an appropriate blending mode) for the different textures needed, place a completely black layer mask on each, and then paint white in the layer mask wherever you need that texture.

I'm sure other folks will have their favorite methods, as well.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited: