What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copyright Disclaimer

ElizabethM

Hi!
I'm back again with more questions! :lol:
I have a couple of designs that I would like that add to my portfolio but I wanted to stay on the safe side and get the approval of my cilents before doing so.

Is there a good site to look at ready made disclaimer templates or in your opinion, how would I best phrase a disclaimer?

They are my designs and my photographs but I would just like a solid approval from the cilents that I am allowed to showcase them for commerical uses.

:cheesygrin: Thank you in advance!

PhotoPadawan

Hi Elizabeth,

My basic understanding of copyright law is that if you do work for someone else, then it is legally theirs unless they give you permission to use it - see the case of Donahue v Allied Newspapers. The best bet would be to not use anything until they've given you permission to use it. However, I'm not sure what the copyright laws are like in Germany as this only applies to the UK. Either way, be on the safe side and ask before using - get it in writing too!

I hope this helps.

I think you can make a portfolio website for your designs. It is effective to get more customers.

I am not sure but Copyright law can be different for different country.