What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get this look with photos???

Pascal-Fotografie

DearPSD-Pros

I am a photographer from Switzerland and can’t seem to get the look of some of my favorite PS-Edits on the web. In the last couple of years this look became famous (mostly in Asia). I tried a lot of edits, plugins and lately the Nik-Software,but still can’t seem to get the look. Here is what I mean:

16836550_1919214588297526_7724801394458922665_o.jpghttps://www.facebook.com/ZHanphoto/photos/rpp.1389347124617611/1919214588297526/?type=3&theater

13653410_1814349978783988_7603815645111842242_o.jpg

They allhave this smooth, glossy and also matt look, but still are sharp.

Any ideas?Tips and Tricks would be great, thanks a lot.
Cheers, Pascal

Fidelio

Hello Pascal,

I'm not sure which part of the photo has the effect you'd like. But maybe some of my tips can help you:

• Gradientcurves (Strg+M) can help to get this dark vs. colorful effect
  • There are some HD-filters available which can get you some of the effects, like Topaz (Details 3, f.ex.)
  • Since the light source of the pictures looks rather strange and unnatural to me, I'd say the shadows and lights could be put it afterwards with a brush-tool f. ex. or copying the tree shape and putting it onto the ground

Maybe the hints are useful :)

Best regards,
Fidelio

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Its obvious that this is a composite. (I'm talking about the second 'photo')

The photo was taken on site with the right lighting although the shadows of the persons were added or enhanced because they don't reflect reality (too wide shadow of the bride)

Some HDR effect was added. The orange cast was enhanced.

The tree and the benches were added. The benches are not casting any shadow and their perspective is off.

The shadow of the tree is totally of and starts big at ground level.

The tree is way too bright on the 'backside'.

It is an unnatural composite but taste varies

Last edited: