What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer shortcuts to CC?

ja_

I just switched from Photoshop CS6 to CC, and can't figure out how to transfer my keyboard shortcuts. Anyone know how?

MrToM

Guru
In windows you would copy the 'Keyboard Shortcuts.psp' file from the old CS6 user install folder, to the new CC user install folder, overwriting the current file.

Regards.
MrToM.

ja_

In windows you would copy the 'Keyboard Shortcuts.psp' file from the old CS6 user install folder, to the new CC user install folder, overwriting the current file.

Regards.
MrToM.

What directory do I put it in? I don't see a folder for keyboard shortcuts.

MrToM

Guru
For Windows 7 it would be:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Adobe Photoshop CC Settings

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

Just as a bit of added info for you, this file is one of only a few that can be directly edited in a text editor....regardless of it being of a proprietary file type. (.psp) (PhotoShopPreference)

You'll find that not all .psp files will be editable, but some are....modified workspaces and custom document sizes are two that spring to mind.

Regards.
MrToM.