What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duplicating or moving a layer makes it jump to top of list

ja_

When I duplicate a layer, or move it's order, it automatically scrolls my layers list to make it at the top. Is there any way to stop that? I'm using photoshop CC.

MrToM

Guru
It's not easy to establish what's happening from your description alone.

A screenshot of the whole UI showing at least the layers panel would be advantageous.

Some of what you said doesn't make absolute sense, 'automatically scrolling' is not something the layers panel does, intentionally or not.

It may be that you are trying to move a layer under a locked [background] layer but without seeing it that's just guessing at best.

Regards.
MrToM.

thebestcpu

Guru
More details would help yet here are some quick guesses without any more inputs

1) You have caps lock on chnaging which keyboard shortcut you are actually using
2) You have not not updated your software and you have a bug in an old version i.e. https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...f-artboard-and-not-next-to-the-original-layer
3) You are in a group with an artboard (see prior link on normal expected behavior)
4) You need to reset preferences

Hope you figure it out
John Wheeler