What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

associated file type image missing?

robwan

Hi,

Not exactly a serious problem, but all my .psd files went white and would not open when i clicked on them.

Anyways i associated them with Photoshop and they work again now, but the file image is still missing and replaced with some other random .ico/png (not anything to do with adobe).

Just wondered if anyone knows the file location of the original image used for .psd so i can put it back to normal manually, not the photoshop .exe icon though.

I can't even find it online line lol

oh and it's CS5

Thanks, any help is appreciated

robwan

I figured it!

It was confusing though.

I used a free program called File Types Manager. Scrolled down and found .psd. Above it i also so found .psb (which has the correct image) I looked at .psb and found out where it gets its icon image from.

Turns out the image is not located in a folder exactly, but the Photoshop.exe its self.

So i double clicked the .psd in the FileTypesManager, went to default icon, then browsed to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\ Then clicked on the Photoshop.exe to bring up all the different icon images and psd was there :)

This set it back to the original icon image.

Thought i would explain it just encase anyone else has the problem and is fussy about minor things looking out of place in their computer haha. This was on Windows 7 x64

Thanks for your help anyways :)