What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

last day on eart 4 - work in progress

siodre

4th in the series, not finished. few things to polish and haven't decided what to put on the sign. suggestions appreciated. all stock mine this time.

updated version:
this is finished, i think.. completely replaced "sorry no" and lit. added message to sign and ladders to rockets. polished up the edges of my extractions and shadows and added a texture.

Last edited:

SeniorS

Guru
Me likes!
I'm not goth but i like dark colors and so on.

I just don't get what is with rockets? For my unprofesional eye they fall off from concept (or how it call? idea/feeling).

siodre

the whole series has rockets in it (the series is for a bathroom remodel - cowboy/space theme like firefly). so i was going for a motel thing here. i plan on adding portholes and ladders later when i find the right ladder stock.

Vafann

Guru
4th in the series, not finished. few things to polish and haven't decided what to put on the sign. suggestions appreciated. all stock mine this time.

Cool! How about the sign just saying something like " NO VACANCY", like that the Earth is over crowded ?

siodre

Cool! How about the sign just saying something like " NO VACANCY", like that the Earth is over crowded ?
thanks. definitely have to light up the 'sorry, no' words above the vacancy. i had to light the silver saddle motel words so it would make sense to match the no vacancy sign.

Vafann

Guru
thanks. definitely have to light up the 'sorry, no' words above the vacancy. i had to light the silver saddle motel words so it would make sense to match the no vacancy sign.

OH! It already said "NO"? I couldn´t see that at all.

Burned Ice

Power User
pretty good image :)

siodre

for the message i'm thinking of two options:
1 - do not light warp drive
or
2- reactor coils located under bed

Hoogle

Guru
Could you not spce the rockets out a bit more and add some perspective to them its just they seem to get bigger the further back they are. Maybe put 1 in the background surrounded in smoke and flames as if it has crash landed but only as a subtle reference and not to dominate the whole image

siodre

not exactly what i'm after hoogle. none of the rockets have taken off, so they couldn't have crashed yet. granted i did work an incident a few years back where a helicopter crashed before it left the ground yet, but i hope that the fictional rocketmen aren't that special...

Hoogle

Guru
It is Just I saw a similar image I believe it was in a restaurant but more alien invasion and it worked really well but then I guess something new and fresh is always better

siodre

this is finally finished, i think.. ok, so maybe not, but i'm sick of working on it and being interrupted with rl work. it's state fair week so we're getting slammed with emergency incidents and personnel checks, even on the midnight shift. completely replaced "sorry no" and lit. added message to sign and ladders to rockets. polished up the edges of my extractions and shadows and added a texture. all stock photos still mine, used fonts on the "sorry, no," the message board sign and brush for the ladders.