What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
Catch time, catch the present moment

This is a picture I've been working on from time to time.
And today when it's Saturday I took some time off from other jobs and completed it.

The background is mixed by three different images. The owl, lantern, tree roots, leaves and grass are sources from Dreamstime.com
I have replaced the girl's arm because it looked strange. And the new arm is a source from the Deviantart.

Attachments

• capture-the-time.jpg
    capture-the-time.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

luna

The composition is beautiful,Are you using any other filters than Photoshop basic (topaz. ..)?Your technique is excellent

Perhaps that is little darker so that the light of a lantern pops up a little :)

Sory for bead English

Vafann

Guru
I just cannot understand how you do these things Cindy! Do you have some special technique that you use on most of your work? Beautiful as always, what else can I say? :)

fenix

Guru
really tasteful! love the whole idea with the clock and everything. looking forward to your next one!

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
I just cannot understand how you do these things Cindy! Do you have some special technique that you use on most of your work? Beautiful as always, what else can I say? :)

Thank you so very much Vafann
I dont have any special techniqie what I think of. But of course we all have our own style.
I add all the objects and try to blend it as well as possible with shadows, colors, contrast and bluur if it needs.
I really dont think I work different from others.

I am glad you like it! Thanks :)

JgraphNet

Power User
Top notch technique and great story-telling as always, Cindy. Love all about this image but especially I love the clock - and that pale green shade of the dress is just soooooo ..... definitely SO !! :)

Perhaps it's just me ... but mentioning that arm-thing ... I take it it's the one holding the lantern ... ? For some peculiar reason I get the idea it looks too long ... but if you had'nt said anything I would prolly not have reflected .... ahmmm... never mind ... I think it's just my head playing tricks on me here ...

"Now, how do you extract a model from the original background .. " :naughty: :cheesygrin:

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
Top notch technique and great story-telling as always, Cindy. Love all about this image but especially I love the clock - and that pale green shade of the dress is just soooooo ..... definitely SO !! :)

Perhaps it's just me ... but mentioning that arm-thing ... I take it it's the one holding the lantern ... ? For some peculiar reason I get the idea it looks too long ... but if you had'nt said anything I would prolly not have reflected .... ahmmm... never mind ... I think it's just my head playing tricks on me here ...

"Now, how do you extract a model from the original background .. " :naughty: :cheesygrin:

Thank you soooooooo much! :)

About the arm, it is not longer than the original arm. I have been very careful with that.
The different is that her original hand had another pos, but I agree with you. It seems like she has a very long arm.
But fact is that it has the same lenght.

I should not wrote about the arm LOL

JgraphNet

Power User
>About the arm, it is not longer than the original arm.

Yes .. I know you wouldn't make a mistake with this ...
It's just my head palying tricks with me here and it was probably initiated by you mentioning the arm...
No problems. I'm good here ! Nice arm !! :)

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
>About the arm, it is not longer than the original arm.

Yes .. I know you wouldn't make a mistake with this ...
It's just my head palying tricks with me here and it was probably initiated by you mentioning the arm...
No problems. I'm good here ! Nice arm !! :)

haha okey. I think it must depend on the different hand pos. But It should maby be better to shorter the arm a little.

JgraphNet

Power User
No no no ... don't go shorten the arm !!
Noone else have even mentioned it so it's just me ...

Paul

Former Member
Cindy the arms are the same i did a comparison and they do match - it's the lighting in the new arm holdint the lamp that makes it look like it is longer in my opinion.

Attachments

• armsize.jpg
    armsize.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4