What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

from portrait touch-up to cartoon

ibclare

Queen Bee
I've been playing around with fashion touch-ups using Hoogleman's tutorial methods. I didn't exactly choose the easiest face to begin with but it was fun and instructive. Then when Hoogle was applying the unsharp mask, he moved the slider to get his desired effect and brought the amount fairly high before bringing it to the level he wanted. It made for a kind of solarized effect. So I played with amount, radius, & threshold to start with and went from there.

I have to admit I like the more painterly style than the straight fashion photo.
Maybe because I'm a painter? :rolleyes:

Here are the before touch-up, touch-up, and after touch-up photos.

Attachments

• readhead_original.jpg
    readhead_original.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 0
  • redhead_in_oils-3.jpg
    redhead_in_oils-3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • redhead_touchup.jpg
    redhead_touchup.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Vafann

Guru
That´s cool Clare, and I like the last one best of course, I´m the painterly type as well. :)

You have made the eyes on both the retouch one and the art one such a really cool shade of green, and the retouch turned out really cool, even that one looks artistic, not like a usual retouch. I like things like that. :)

Hoogle

Guru
what was that did somebody sal my name lol. I am impressed somebody actually watched my whole tutorial you must have been the 3rd person lol. Even more impressed you took some of my advice on board and changed your image lol. Good Job But I think there is a version missing lol.

ibclare

Queen Bee
what was that did somebody sal my name lol. I am impressed somebody actually watched my whole tutorial you must have been the 3rd person lol. Even more impressed you took some of my advice on board and changed your image lol. Good Job But I think there is a version missing lol.

Hmm, and which might that one be? Oh, yes, my last "artistic" conversion which I am using for my avatar. I was going to leave this face alone and move on but decided the last one wasn't quite "radical" enough! and there were portions of the 3rd I felt needed "correction." :mrgreen:

did I use enough "quotes" in this reply?

Attachments

• redhead_in_oils-4.jpg
    redhead_in_oils-4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: