What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nice transformation.. :)

anveshiano

hi friends.. :)
im new to photo retouching. I was working on my frnds image & i my self amazed by the out put. wen i started retouching on this image i didnt even imagine that its gonna b this much gud...photoshop rocks :)
(the original pic was taken 4rm 'htc desire')

Attachments

• after retouching.jpg
    after retouching.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Original.JPG
    Original.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

Anja Williams

the shirt has different colors now since you did brighten up the over all picture , also the face is to bright and since you did brighten up the overall outcome the noise will also be more visible when you have a bit of a darker image fallow these steps .

copy the the layer and select screen mode after that you can play around with levels and hue ..hope this helps .

I did give it a try and this was done

new layer -blend mode screen
adjust level
adjust curve
soft color pop with hue

123.jpg

The second one is if you use a noise reduction on top to get rid of the noise of the sweater .
noise.jpg

aldea

I don't mind the purple in the shirt shadow or the purple and yellow in the glass / ceiling in the background. Kind of gives it that instagram / hipstamatic feel that is getting so popular.

boofybltzd

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the first one if the before . . . otherwise, highlights are much too hot, washed out.

I dont think the first pic is before just because look at the blur on the NO smoking sign and all around it. Also if you try to save both pics it will tell how the person named them.

boofybltzd

I dont think the first pic is before just because look at the blur on the NO smoking sign and all around it. Also if you try to save both pics it will tell how the person named them.

All in all if the person is new to photoshop its a good attempt. However I was tought to always look a detail.

anveshiano

hi anjaa... :)
i really appreciate ur suggestion. But the actual thing is wen u view the full image(double click on the image), u really dont find any noise on the image. Because i applied 'surface blur' on the image & it really made the image smooth.
any way i wil keep ur tip in mind. Thanks a lot for ur time :)

anveshiano

Nice anveshiano. I like how the model really pops to the foreground now. What were your steps?

Im glad u lyk it..thanks aldea
steps:
*first of all i increased the brightness by using curves -> converted into HDR image -> den adjusted 'shadows & highlights' -> next i applied surface blur to make the whole image smooth.This is the base part

*now i got a proper image with me. nxt i experimented with default settings form "nik color efx" & "topaz adjust" ps plugins -> did blending & masking layers on different combinations of efx such as color popup, reflector efx, skylight filters.. etc,. ( it took lot of time to get a required out put)

*final part : duplicate the output image & apply lens blur on it then add layer mask.
At last for the purple yello green color efx i aplied a gradient map on a new layer( blend mode -hue) with some masking to get that effect in required areas.

hope u understand the process (im not good at explaining things..lol)

aldea

Thanks for the explanation Anveshiano. Did you use curves to make it look like HDR image? Or did you use multiple images: File>Automate>Merge to HDR Pro (at least that is my command in CS5). I am new to HDR... anyways, I like the effect you achieved.

anveshiano

Thanks for the explanation Anveshiano. Did you use curves to make it look like HDR image? Or did you use multiple images: File>Automate>Merge to HDR Pro (at least that is my command in CS5). I am new to HDR... anyways, I like the effect you achieved.

its very easy to get HDR effect in cs5
got to menu option Image -> adjustments -> 'hdr toning'
u wil find different default hdr settings overthere

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'm trying to understand what you wanted to achieve. Your after pic has totally blown out highlights which can happen with the initial steps of HDR toning. So the shirt colors pop, but the rest of the photo washes out including the subject. Using HDR toning can be fun, even creating "effects," so I can see you like the purple cast. I would suggest that you use this cast throughout the photo so it doesn't look accidental. Also, please try to put some of the detail back into the highlights and I think you will have a decent edit.

anveshiano

I'm trying to understand what you wanted to achieve. Your after pic has totally blown out highlights which can happen with the initial steps of HDR toning. So the shirt colors pop, but the rest of the photo washes out including the subject. Using HDR toning can be fun, even creating "effects," so I can see you like the purple cast. I would suggest that you use this cast throughout the photo so it doesn't look accidental. Also, please try to put some of the detail back into the highlights and I think you will have a decent edit.

hi clare.. :)
sorry for late reply.. i really appreciate ur suggestions..thanks..actually my intention was to get an interesting look, that's y i used purple cast in few areas only..
& about 'putting some detail back' - if u were saying about background then, i tried to get a real lens blur effect so i had to remove most of the details..
cheers