What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car

Paul

Former Member
H mate honestly, theres no Topaz in this attempt, i purposely kept away from the tool just to see how close i could get with any of the standard tools in CS5.
Its a combination of layers with varying colour blends and smudges, i used three layers worth of DIFFUSE and then altering the levels within each effects layer via transparency controls and lighting, i also did further paint overs via paint brush and again more smudge, a little burn and a final diffused layer gave me this.
I also used the paint brush very loosely and made the brush size purposely larger than i actually needed to give a thrown on effect, i want it to look loosed and relaxed.
Topaz is a really nice addition but i have only used it on the one puppy image so far.
Edited to add, and i can't believe i forgot to mention it, LIQUIFY...

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
I did post this one here a few weeks ago Steve, this was my last attempt, and thank you.

I like the car pic. Would it look alright to brighten just the car a bit so it pops a little from the surrounding image?