What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Filter looks best on this image, Warming Or Cooling?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Heya Gurus!

Just wondering which filter looks best on this image? I conjured it up before as one of my friend's wallpapers

Please Enlarge Images for Higher Quality.

BurnedAlaskaWarming.jpg

BurnedAlaskaCooling.jpg

BurnedAlaskaNofilter.jpg(No filter is for anyone wondering)

please Give any feedback on what filter looks best as i am completely stumped both look good to me also give feedback on whatever else would help improve the wallpaper any.
Thank you!

ibclare

Queen Bee
This is such a personal taste question, judgment. So, personally, I like the warming. Does that mean I'm afraid of the cold. I have a warm heart? I don't care for the color blue?

I do also like it with no filter; some blue-ishness remains but not as much as the cooling filter you applied.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Personal preference is what i'm looking for in all honesty, and i think i may have put the wrong cooling layer on XD.

Thanks for your input clare.

there is a psychological reason behind everything, i once managed to decode why people who have previously experienced certain things (that left a mark) enjoy reading certain books and the psychological reason behind why people choose certain pets... no joke, mum will back me up :p

Paul

Former Member
Snow depends a lot on the sky colour, so maybe that could be a factor in your image to?
Me i like the warmer one two.

Hoogle

Guru
Can I suggest you clone some of the snow over the feet or mask it off a bit and then maybe put in ome foot prints.

Use the warming filter on the wolf
use the cooling filter on the background.

and possibly put some semi transparant flames coming of the wolf.