What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another image project for Operation Photo Rescue - Only just started though :)

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Well,

The other image I was working on has been accepted so I am now a volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue.

I was given access to the galleries to pick the first image to repair.

I pick this one:
McDermottP15_11_3pt5x5.jpg

2 Hours in and I have this:
McDermottP15_11_3pt5x5-restore.jpg

Still lots to do, re-colouring and textures as well as getting any healing tool patterns removed. Coming on not too Bad though.

Will keep this thread updated as I proceed with this project. I am in no rush, and they understand it's not going to be an over night thing. Enjoying the challenge at the moment :thumbsup:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Wow, you sure take the easy route doncha? Looks like a really cool abstract painting at first glance!

You have got your hands full.

Congratulations Beast.

Glutton for punishment Clareby, enjoy things like this as it's a challenge and will require lots of patients, plus I may learn a thing or 2 along they way :thumbsup:

Nice rescue Beast lol...

But why you up so early in the morning?

Thanks Buddy, I am a bit of a late worker, house quiet so can concentrate a bit more when everyone buggers off hehe :devilish:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
This was as good as I could get it considering the complete lack of detail, or pretty much anything:

McDermottP15_11_3pt5x5-DONE.jpg

I hate painting stuff in but there wasn't really that much left of the original photo, hope they are okay with how it turned out.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Thanks Buddy, was a challenge and to be honest pick some knowledge up along the way too. First time ever colouring anything but lots of patience and it actually doesn't look too back; well it looks better than the original hehe. Thanks again buddy :thumbsup:

Josh Stemple

With things like trees u can overlay another picture of a tree to get your texture back.

Sent from my Fortress of Solitude.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Tried that but it didn't look right, and we have limits on how much we can add to the image too.

chitkaran

Guru
This is nice work R-M.. and yes, this one was a bad ass pic to start from (seemed to be a painting in the first glance) and you extracted the whole life outta it.. :thumbsup:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Thanks Buddy, waiting for the next one now lol. Hopefully will not be as bad as this one. Enjoyable none the less though :thumbsup:

Fatboy73

Guru
Well,

The other image I was working on has been accepted so I am now a volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue.

I was given access to the galleries to pick the first image to repair.

I pick this one:
View attachment 24423

2 Hours in and I have this:
View attachment 24424

Still lots to do, re-colouring and textures as well as getting any healing tool patterns removed. Coming on not too Bad though.

Will keep this thread updated as I proceed with this project. I am in no rush, and they understand it's not going to be an over night thing. Enjoying the challenge at the moment :thumbsup:

Hey Chris,

Great job with the image, this was definitely an extremely hard one to do. You inspired me to see what I could do with it and I think I'm going to volunteer myself. I don't want to step on your toes though, so I want to know if it's cool with you if I post what I did with it on the forum.

Best,

Chris H.