What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your BEST EVER work

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Paul - Early in the thread, there were several fantasy composites as well as the later straight photographs, so I don't think it should go in the photography section.

T

Paul

Former Member
Hi Tom i mean the photographs only,this is getting all muddled in my opinion.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm ok with it in either place. Don't forget that when I started a very similar, but less restrictive "Post ur favorite photos" thread in the photograph section a month or so ago, it went over like the proverbial lead balloon :-( .

T

ibclare

Queen Bee
The way I see it, is that it is your best ever "work" not specifying if it's logos, drawings altered in PS, manipulations, photographs. I kind of like having a mini PS members gallery. Might even be a good idea to copy all the images -- eventually -- to a separate thread.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I think its been mentioned earlier, but this is why we have an ALBUM SECTION in the member's profile page where you can upload and showcase your works.

I strongly advice everyone to make use of the feature. You can create as many albums as you wish according to image or design genre.

ibclare

Queen Bee
We do have albums of course, but it's fun to see people choose the top favorites of the work they make. Maybe the idea of a separate thread with just the images is unnecessary since half the fun is the discussion IMO.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I remember that first one. So, critique yourself, lol.

How do your latest images compare? Would you do something to make the first different or let it stand? (not suggesting you do anything to it; always a time to move on) What have you learned/absorbed that exists in your newest works? Has your creativity and imagination been stimulated in the process?

I think those are good questions for all of us to share. How has participation in the forum changed and/or improved your Photoshopping.

Anyway, here are 4 that I finally came up with. My guess is that few people will like the image of the two subway riders (eg, because of the technical deficiencies), but I love it in the context of street photography because it was only taken in the past year, yet harkens back to days of much poorer race relations.

Cheers,

Tom

View attachment 34467

View attachment 34468

View attachment 34469

View attachment 34470[/QUOTE]
The first 3 Images made a very strong Impression on me. Wonderful Images Tom!
the last one is an excellent shot, but I don't like the coloring to much.

Hershey, my favorite is the first one...it has a wonderful eerie atmosphere, just great!
In the second image i see rocks in the Sky instead of clouds. But maybe this is just me.

hershy314

Guru
I remember that first one. So, critique yourself, lol.

How do your latest images compare? Would you do something to make the first different or let it stand? (not suggesting you do anything to it; always a time to move on) What have you learned/absorbed that exists in your newest works? Has your creativity and imagination been stimulated in the process?

I think those are good questions for all of us to share. How has participation in the forum changed and/or improved your Photoshopping.

I've tried to change or modify the first one but it always looked worse, so safe to say I got it right the first time. I think by joining PSG and seeing everyone's work has helped me get more and more into doing this stuff. Not to mention the critiques I see on mine and everyone else's work. I honestly think this community is what keeps me going and try to do the best I can. I have learned a lot over the 9 months I've joined this community, way to much to list. With the stress of work and school, creativity kind of comes and goes. I have found that if I just mess around I tend to create better works than if I try and think of something.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I see what chris means, but I didn't focus on the clouds. They were just there, a backdrop. On looking more closely, I can see that they resemble mountains. Maybe it's the darkness? I haven't given it much thought. Maybe if they were blurred a bit to look softer. But from my POV, they aren't a make or break!