What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Screamer

It happens every day. Somewhere in our world. Children disappear, are abducted and forced to prostitution. Without hope ever to be found.

I sometimes think of such a situation. It must be living hell for them, and a thousand times worse than my piteous attempt to capture this in an image.

This image I would like to show here in spite of everything, so that anyone of us will remain watchful and can intervene if necessary in real life.

The screamer1200pix.jpg

The screamer1200pix+.jpg
updated version

Picture sources:
mage source.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris this is one of the greatest messages I think you or anyone else could communicate to the world. However, having said this, had you not explained your message for this image and it's title, I would have been very lost! Sorry.

Thanks Hershy and Sam for your comments.

I can understand that you are a little confused. I feel the same way. Here's a little more explanation for the creation of my composite. I wanted to create a nightmarish atmosphere with this image, where reality and insanity are close together.

The girls here have arrived at a stopover. It's a lousy accommodation. Here they are first acclimatized. The will of the girls is systematically broken here by almost military methods like "screaming" for instance. This is just one of many methods.

However, the girls are under shock. They react apathetic and do not understand yet what to expect.

I wanted to shake up people deliberately , so they remember that these crimes cannot be ignored.

ibclare

Queen Bee
and I personally really understand the role of the people in the back. Reminds me of the self-portrait I just posted a few days ago. The emotional impact of the haunting figures.

Thanks for looking Clare, I appreciate your comment. I already thought that I went too far with this one.:banghead:

Bonedog

awesome concept, only issues really is placement, the 2 girls on the floor look out of proportion with the background, maybe some resizing and possible move them to the middle a little more, and i dont get the girls that are lying down? also possibly throw a subtle grain texture over it to make it more gritty. other than that i really like the idea! hope you re work it some more and post an update =)

ibclare

Queen Bee
You know I just realized that about the perspective. It isn't by much but it appears the floor tiles, as you see them open up, should slant up more towards the main figure. Just a thought. Nice to see you back involved RM.

Thanks for your comments Bonedog, Remote-Medic and Clare. Always much appreciated.
I try to learn from your ideas and and suggestions and will post a new version soon.

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
I think this is wonderful and very emotional work. The message goes right to the heart.

It happens every day. Somewhere in our world. Children disappear, are abducted and forced to prostitution. Without hope ever to be found.

I sometimes think of such a situation. It must be living hell for them, and a thousand times worse than my piteous attempt to capture this in an image.

This image I would like to show here in spite of everything, so that anyone of us will remain watchful and can intervene if necessary in real life.

View attachment 46028

View attachment 46265
updated version

Picture sources:
View attachment 46029

MikeMc

McGuru
I think Cindy took my words......Stunning thoughts Chris!