What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fathers day discount .

I like it! Your right it is nice and Simple! For me, I would change some of the color, Its VERY RED! and love hearts for me is valentines! I would use "manly!" images.

Hey Nathan for joining the thread , i had a few things in mind , but was hesitant to change , but you just pointed out the right thing , especially about the hearts , i was in 2 minds , but i'll change it anyway .

Thank you .

Gautam.

Disclaimer: "Every opinion I Express is one of my own"

I like the second one alot better. Much better in principle of the target for the consumer... like I said, Fathers day - not fluffy bunny valentines day!

A few things to consider:

1) If this is for Facebook and other social media, you should consider putting a few examples of what people are getting 10% off.
2) You want the 10% to stand out. I know its bigger then the rest of the text, but maybe try changing it from the same text as every other peice of text on the image, use some effects.
3) add your contact details! either website link or phone number/email.

^^

Disclaimer: "Every opinion I Express is one of my own"

2) You want the 10% to stand out. I know its bigger then the rest of the text, but maybe try changing it from the same text as every other peice of text on the image, use some effects.

^^

Gautamz.... I emphasized this to you in one of your earlier threads with a sample image.

As you can see with Nathaniel's comment, he and other designers make full use of this. The discount figure may be unassuming but if used well has a lot to do in attracting a viewer's senses.

This is a image I have just knocked up - just to go out on a newsletter for my company. Noticed How I have emphisized the 14% off Twice, 2 different colours but same font - different to the rest of the news letter. Make sense lol? Some people might not agree with doing this method, but i believe it makes people realise - Twice. It's not an amazing offer, or banner - but it will do what is needed.world-cup.png

Last edited:
How to get away with spamming at Psg (that's a new one) lmao

How to get away with spamming at Psg (that's a new one) lmao

sorry im confused? was this to me? If it was, I was just trying to show a technique that I had mentioned without having to download and edit his image - my image is displaying a contest (maybe I should of blanked out some text) but it's not clickable, Nor is it viewable by anyone else other then the 3000+ People on my mailing list, so if your comment was to me its void as it is just a image.

Last edited:
@Nathan i think what u meant in the 1st point was to give more visual examples of what the 10% discount would mean to the customer , instead of being vague . and ur right its for a social media campaign .

the last two points , i have come to realise how important and critical they could be , and are the basic things i would keep in mind .
@Div , you i very well remember you did emphasis it very well :)

heres a slight correction , with a dummy FB URL and number . and 10% text changed .

fathers day offer.jpg

Thank you .

Gautam.

Just trying to help! The contact and Facebook details look great. The 10% in my opinion doesnt.

you have a "semi-professional" design, with a "kind-of-childish" font for the 10% - the font doesnt have to be MAJORLY different, just noticeably different. you should use a maxium of 2 different fonts per advert (If you notice on my SPAM post, I have used 2 fonts, 1 - for all text, 2nd - for IMPORTANT info).

To save people from thinking Im spamming,upload your background image and I will do an example of what I mean.

All the font's should be the same EXCEPT what you want to stand out... the 10 in the 10% in this case.

your contact details should be like this:

Contact Number: 00000000
Facebook: www.facebook.com/fdffsdgdg

Close like that.

Last edited:
Well to keep things simple just change the 10% font and change the color to a highlight red or green or give it a red/green/light blue outer glow, surely it will defiantly stand out lol

Last edited:
@Lamar :D

@Div haha yeah i did the comparison and actually this one looks much more comprehensive , infact the 1st poster too me now looked a bit incomplete .

:D :D

Back