What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil paint filter

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I like the work on this.... it's like wind blown trees.

Frankly... I've used the filter only a few times.... and that was to simulate fuzzy hair or fur... :cheesygrin: ... didn't like the results on some as I remember.....

Nice one Hershy!
I like the atmosphere and the lighting in your image. This time, the oil paint filter supports the visual impression of your creation.

hershy314

Guru
Here is another one I did using the filter. This time I took 3 pictures in my backyard at different exposures and combined them using merge for hdr. Did a little tweaking before applying the oil paint filter, think it came out alright.
backyard.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
A crazy idea, Hershey -- try selecting only the green leaves on the trees, or only the grass, and then apply the oil painting filter only to these areas. I bet you will like the results because the curly areas will contrast more effectively with the non manipulated areas.

T

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very nice uses of the filter hershy. I think that is the only thing I miss about CS6. I went back to CS5 as I like the set up better.

I like that you tried it out so many ways. Very cool.

Tom Mann

Guru
H: "Is this what you was talking about Tom? ..."

EXACTLY! I like this version of the trees much better than the version you first posted where there are curly lines everwhere. In this version, there are some pin-sharp, normally textured areas that contrast with the alien-looking trees.

Good work.

Tom

iversen

Wow, you guys are able to do some pretty cool stuff with Ps - I'm new, and can't even get my brush to work xD
Well, pretty awesome art there ^_^