What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars and tuning!

LeanderHatlem

Hello :)

I'm new at the forums and I've been photoshopping a lot of cars lately.
I'm pretty happy with most of the results. But, I want other skilled photoshoppers opinion about them!
I hope you like it, please tell me what you want and what you would do different!

AUDI TT.png
My last shop, I lowered it, changed the rims, removed at lot of details which probably should be there, added the wing, changed color obviously... hhaha, added the lights.

VW VAN.png
Got inspired by all the painting companies in town lowering and changing rims on their vans
Ferdi4.png
just... dont mind the magical lights :redface:

I have a couple more, I'll post if interested.

But please say what you think about these!

-Leander Hatlem

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Leander and welcome to PSG.

Overall you've don a very nice job. I like the subtlety of the body changes. Being a realist, I don't care much for the lowering. There's simply no clearance for any of the tires in your mods. None of these cars could be driven.

I'm going to pretend they all have hydraulics and can be raised! :thumbsup:

LeanderHatlem

Thanks a lot Sam!

That's very true, Any turn on the steering wheel and the wheel arch would break out... hahah

And yes, lets pretend they do :lol:

LeanderHatlem

Oh sure!

Vw golf.png
Mean little hatchback!

911 2 done.png
A Porsche 911 with a wide RWB bodykit!

BMW E46.png
BMW E46
vw passat cc.png
Not much, some bad work around the wheels but...too lazy :/

hershy314

Guru
I agree with Sam these couldn't be driven unless they had some kind of adjustable suspension. I'd prefer air ride, much smoother ride than hydraulics. Over all these are some nice mods. Subtle changes are what makes a vehicle appearance better I think. Feel free to post more.

LeanderHatlem

Thank you Hershy!

I agree, just removing the logo from the grill makes almost any car look far more bad ass...

but what do you think of the change, does it look realistic? does it look like it never got shopped?
if u dont pay attention to the height of the vehicle of course...

hershy314

Guru
Some areas if I didn't know better I would think is real. The wheel area does need some work. You should have it look as if the body is going over the wheels instead of looking as if it is hitting the tire. Not the best example but here.
2009 Chevy Aveo 5 Door.jpg

LeanderHatlem

Yea, I totally understand what you're trying to say.
it may be hard or look even weirder if the wheels position is turned, but I can try to extend the wheel arch as I did on the first pic of the TT, but without bringing the wheel out, and maybe angle it inwards towards the car on the way down to the ground, if you understand?

hershy314

Guru
When you're lowering the car. After you make the selection do you just bring it down or do you make the selection it's own layer. Like cut the body of the car and make it it's own layer (sorry if that sounds confusing). What I do is after I make the the selection of the body I press Ctrl shift J (if you use an Apple computer I have no idea) and make the selection it's own layer. It makes it easier to get the desired look. If that makes any sense.

Last edited:

LeanderHatlem

Usually Im just making a layer on top of the other, simply Ctrl + C > Ctrl + V. I use a Windows computer, but I believe that shortcut is the same :) And in what way do you think it makes it easier? also when I do that it deletes the part of the picture where the selection line was... is it supposed to ?

TonyCooper

Hi Leander and welcome to PSG.

Overall you've don a very nice job. I like the subtlety of the body changes. Being a realist, I don't care much for the lowering. There's simply no clearance for any of the tires in your mods. None of these cars could be driven.

I'm going to pretend they all have hydraulics and can be raised! :thumbsup:

Maybe they were equipped with the [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Citroën[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][/FONT]hydropneumatic suspension system
used on the 1950s MX model and others.

LeanderHatlem

Hahah! most likely Tony!

Here's a project I just finished!
VOLVO S80.png
Our family car is a Volvo S80 , that's why I chose it :thumbsup:

LeanderHatlem

Shots fired! hahah

I usually do it "the hard way", I select the whole body of the car and deselect all windows, grills, and other things I dont want to change. then I press Ctrl + U to open the "Hue/Saturation" menu, and then I play around with the bars, if you want to change the color of the whole car, make sure to tick "Colorize" down right!