What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BookWorm Logo || Looking For Critique

Very nice work! Mind you, I'm only considering the logo and not the text. I like simplicity and this is nice and simple.

I hate to be so negative, and I realize that you are just floating a draft version of the logo and text by us, but my gut reaction to what you posted is that it makes me think your service is likely a shady imitation of the well known Wyzant tutoring service.

This is because (a) just like Wyzant, you are also using a cute little insect in your logo, and (b) because you characterize "Book Worm" as "homework service", ie, doing the work for the students, not legitimate "tutoring" or "homework help".

Tom

Logo said:
Looking for critique on this fictitious logo concept.
I think he's more of a designer rather than a homework service. At least that's my take on it, I could be wrong.

You may be right, Sam, but, without fail, every couple of weeks, I'll see a new advertisement appear in the hallways of the buildings at school offering "homework service". These are often put up by a new "start-up" in this lucrative field, and they almost always have a cute logo. Just like if you Google {"homework service" online}, the more blatant printed advertisements will say things like, "Pay Someone To Do Your Homework" (and I rip these down because they violate our code of academic integrity which every student signs), and the more crafty ones will use terms like "Homework help" (which I leave in place).

T

I understand what your saying Tom, nice to meet you btw....

I just design logo's, not do peoples homework lol. Hope I haven't stepped on toes here lol.

And thank you Sam for your feedback.

Nice to meet you, as well, Logo.

No, you certainly didn't step on anyone's toes. It's just that given my day job, I see case after case of cheating. Not only is it wrong from an ethical POV, but the fact that they are not learning the material they are paying to learn impacts their ability to find and work and stay employed. In addition, for the level of students that I teach (seniors at university), it is utterly trivial to catch them at this, and when we inevitably do, the consequences to them are severe, ranging from failing the course to kicking them out of school for one or more semesters. These penalties have a huge impact on their life plans, their finances and the finances of their parents, yet they continue to think that cheating either doesn't matter, or they can get away with it.

Arghhhh!

Tom

It's a cute logo, logo. If you keep the text below it, I would suggest arcing the Bookworm word so that it follows a pattern close to the black circle but not as extremely circular.

It's a cute logo, logo. If you keep the text below it, I would suggest arcing the Bookworm word so that it follows a pattern close to the black circle but not as extremely circular.

Thanks for your input ibclare...

The text is there really as a filler, however, I feel it may have upset Tom the Teacher lol. It's all fictional anyway. But if text we're to be added, the arched idea sounds like a plan.

Hi Logo, the font choice is very weak, as for the bookworm on a book nice muted colour choices.

Back