What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premade Background

inkpad.t

Guru
Just made a Premade Background for Deviant...Nothing special... anyone can take it, lighten it, darken it, add to it, Manipulate it, take away from it or whatever they want to do it.

Pre_made_bg_No_6.jpg

The main overall image was my own photo, just replace the sky background and added the 2 trees.

I tend not to put shadows on them where i have added things so that anyone can change light direction, add and remove sky backgrounds, trees rocks etc.. think gives the person using it more scope to manipulate it how they want to.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work Alan. I agree with Chris, the edge of the planet is a little sharp.

I tend not to put shadows on them where i have added things so that anyone can change light direction, add and remove sky backgrounds, trees rocks etc.. think gives the person using it more scope to manipulate it how they want to.

Are you offering the PSD file? This would make changes much easier for the user.

gedstar

Guru
I like that effect, the only thing for me is that my eyes are drawn to the glow at the top of the image, maybe it's just my eyes! :shocked:

ibclare

Queen Bee
As I understand it, premade backgrounds are offered a a BG only, but that could be wrong. I have never seen a psd offered on DA. I suppose someone could send a message to the artist asking for it.

I agree with the others about the sharpness of the orb and that the lighting effect is so strong it pulls your eye away from the rest of the image. I also think the dark blue on the orb is too different a value from the foreground, deeper and more vibrant, so there is some clash there.

Overall though, I like it, and think with just a few adjustments it would be great.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now it's a bit too dark, the first version was better with the exception of the hard edge. Or you could have the moon scene with the lighter foreground of the first one.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I really like this adjustment. Perhaps the foreground could have a bit more vibrance and contrast, and like Sam said could be a touch lighter. But you should be happy with this. I think it's very cool. Love the stones and steps and agree with gedstar. Eerie.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks again everyone...

I don't do too much to the backgrounds as this leaves scope for the artist to play around with it.. they can lighten,darken , add and remove elements and manipulate it as they see fit...Some one can take it and do a brightness and contrast adjustment, levels, color balance, hue and saturation, photo filters or what ever they want to it to get how they like it for their art work.. i try just to get the basic elements together so that some one can say " yeah.. I can Use that ".