What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some art I did in Photoshop while i was bored

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic! Very "nightmare before christmas.....ish".

Paul

Former Member
Maybe do a brief tut/walk through explanation to give others an idea and maybe they too could try such image styles?
Great work by the way.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks everyone..... although i did it when I was bored it still took a couple hrs to complete overall, I first saw a image of a scary cat on the net and thought " wonder if i can do that , looks pretty simple, but when i did mine it didn't look that scary, so i thought " well, nothing else to do so I'l make the scene a bit of scary illustration".

Left the cat there and built round it, first was " what was the cat sat on ?", this lead to the border, I've seen similar borders on line in the past which gave the inspiration for this one, This border basically was the use of the pen tool, ( then pen tool was the main tool used in making this illustration ), I made the basic shape and and filled with blue, i made swatches of 5 shades of blue from a fairly dark one to a light one running through to almost white. then using Photoshop's basic grass grass brushes went around the top and bottom, then used a tree brush and and a leaf brush to get this overall effect.

2014-07-27 08_03_14-spooky graveyard.png

The only 2 other elements that are not a built in brush is the 2 x dark color grave stones that were images which had color overlays applied and the same inner shadow as the rest which was a very light blue set a No 5, this No was reduce in size the further an element was back in the image or was a smaller size, the inner shadow was applied to all elements before any color adjustments etc.

Here is the steps i took in building this image... Please forgive if i miss something or they are not in the right order, you know how confused i get.

step2.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png
3.png

inkpad.t

Guru
8.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png
10.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

Then the 4 final color adjustments

19.png

THESE are not in correct order but show some adjustments and so on.

2014-07-27 07_47_19-spooky graveyard.psd @ 25% (Color Lookup 1, RGB_8) _.png

2014-07-27 07_47_53-spooky graveyard.png

2014-07-27 07_49_11-spooky graveyard.png

2014-07-27 07_50_16-spooky graveyard.png

2014-07-27 07_51_00-spooky graveyard.png

2014-07-27 07_51_46-spooky graveyard.png

2014-07-27 07_52_58-spooky graveyard.png

HOPEFULLY I have not left anything out... sorry for the 2 post if you have seen the first one only lost my internet connection during the posting .

nitea

Amazing art inkpad. I admire your sense of light. Every small detail is on its place.
Thanks for your tutorial.

MikeKennethDevine

inkpad.t, can I present this work of yours at our website, with all the credits and links to your profiles/website?
I will send you a notification closer to Halloween, but we already gather materials.

Absolutely will keep track on things you create, this one is pure gold.

Last edited:

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks... post a link to your site... what exactly do you want to post it for ? Don't mind if its an art site or something or your personal site, as long as it not available for downloading or sale I don't see why not... but before committing to saying yes would like to see what site you have it will be posted on... thank you.