What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lab.

inkpad.t

Guru
Wanted to do something that i to make mainly my self, used very little stock to do it.

The Lab.jpg

The original is 5000px width by 3500px hight. and can be fully viewed in my signature if you like.

The image has been down size to be able to post it. and is in a Low Resolution.

Credits for stock with many thanks.

Tech indent brushes.. gvalkyrie.deviantart.com/art/Tech-Indents-Set-1-GVL-45718481

3D Girl model.... sweetbananadreams.deviantart.c…

Industrial air conditioners... absurdwordpreferred.deviantart…

Cape material from CG Textures... www.cgtextures.com/

The rest is from own resources and or made, The thick wires are from a tut on he web and just modified for my own use, cables made by me. man prom a public domain image.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sweet! Love the color pallet you used here. The green glow is spectacular! This is something straight from Flash Gordon, that guy in the middle must be MIng the Merciless creating a bride!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Incredible.

The only thing that kind of bothers me is the darkness of the male model,especially the robe, and also the fact that he is not the same quality as the other images. My eye goes directly to him before focusing on the rest of the composite, and he just doesn't seem to fit in.

Really nice work on the objects you made!

BTW, did you do this on the inside or the outside? :mrgreen:

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks everyone... I can see why they call you the Queen... I never notice that about the man until you pointed out, Guess I was to tied up replicating our lab here in the tower whilst I was outside, and not enough on the man, guess I'll be put back in now, just when I thought I had made a clean break. oh well hung up once more making it look like weed on water colours again . I must get use to holding the brush in me mouth whilst hanging up side down, just can't seem to get that right even after all this time.

My be i should paint the scene as I see it , then turn it the right way up when they let me down, wonder if that will make a difference ?... probably not in my case ... they keep telling me I'm past the point of no return. I did wonder that myself since I went to work on a days holiday, i thought " how come there's nothing book for me today ?". so went to our office and team up with another worker and went to his job... then the phone call came.. " your on holiday you bone head ". oops..., just forgot which day i was day release.

Paul

Former Member
Wizard of Oz meets old ming the merciless, great work mate.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks again everyone.

Took around 12 to 14 hrs to do on and off over a weekend... not very quick at doing stuff in Photoshop...

Never thought of it as a Flash Gordon or Wizard of OZ type image but I like that.

I should get use to the short cut keys... but when your use to doing something , that's the way you stay, when I first started using Photoshop I only had a mouse, was concentrating on the software and how to use it rather than the short cut keys, so keep things as they are.

This is the same now I have a tablet, was using the pen in Photoshop learning how to use it with the tablet, but not learning the button on the side of the pen or the tablet it'self. Must get round to doing these shot cut keys , will help in time taken to do stuff.

thanks again everyone.

inkpad.t

Guru
OK ... re did this a bit... used a better image for man/professor.

The Lab.jpg

Brighten the cape up slightly also.

Thanks.

Image is very low resolution.