What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super moon composite

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Members that know me know I don't usually do these. But since I had this nice moon photo I made I thought I would embellish it a bit as a composite.
I made the moon photo and paid a dollar for the image license for the lady.
Super moon enhanced.JPG

It's a nice composite and I like your concept....and you certainly choose a pretty lady image. (Very impressing claws).
My critique: You have to improve your masking skills. The moon has to be a circle whitout fuzzy edges. And the lady's shoulder needs some reshaping. Then the clouds look like a negative image to me, they should be white not grey. It would also look nice to see some more clouds on the left and on the right side of the image.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think the only area of the Moon's edge that is affected is the lower right portion where it looks like some masking was used on the clouds, the rest looks fairly natural.

Her left upper arm and shoulder looks like it may have been painted in..........?

Otherwise I like the image and it's concept. Good work!

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Gentlemen..Chris and Sam. Point on the masking taken. However be advised that the moon photo is 100% natural just as it came out of there camera.I made the photo. Yes Sam I had draw in a little shoulder as the woman had a turquoise background and her left shoulder was clipped in the original. Admittedly not the best job. Chris, I wanted the clouds to be dark and gloomy and did that on purpose. Thanks to you true pros for your comments.

Hi Larry
My comment was meant to be a sympathetic suggestion. I hope you don't mind me to show my approach to this image.

Super moon enhancedChris.jpg