What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do. Love. Walk. Tshirt Design

crzykate58

Hey guys!

Wow it's been a while since i've been on here haha! well i've been practicing some typography on tshirts and found this design on google that i thought was pretty sweet, so i tried to replicate it, give or take a few things away since i needed mine to be more legible than the one i saw (obviously theirs is way more advanced than mine, but i'll get there some day lol!) Let me know what you guys think ^_^

typography-design-1.jpg Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 3.08.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-20 at 1.45.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-20 at 1.18.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-20 at 2.00.32 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice.

I've always heard the the saying is "Act Justly" or "Do Justly".

Justly is whats morally right or fair; fairly.

Justice is just behavior or treatment.

crzykate58

Thanks Sam!! ^_^ that's the way i've heard it too haha but it's someone else's slogan so i can't change it :-/

ibclare

Queen Bee
More advanced? Maybe a few tricks, but nothing complicated. I think you improved on it a lot, so that tells me you have the better eye. That's far better than using s couple PS tricks. Keep up the good work.

I agree with dv8 about the size; it wouldn't be very readable unless a person were standing, and might partly disappear if they wanted to tuck it in.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I do a lot of shirt designs for screen printers. Your template looks too long to me. T-shirt sizing to fit the garment should be 12" or so wide and no longer than about 17". Most of them are about 10" though and a good bit shorter than 17 for adult shirts. I personally use 13x19 film to print the positives for the screens, so you need to be aware of that . I do like your design however.