What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outer Space Predator Snail

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic Chris! Very creative.

I have only one comment, without something to compare/judge the size, my mind still envisions this as being a small Mollusca Gastropod that a quick stomp of a boot would take care of. Perhaps it could be moving past a space station, or a shuttle to give it some size perspective.

Thanks Sam...very good idea, didn't think of it. For me this snail is huge and dangerous, but how would anyone here know the size without something to compare. :banghead:
Update will follow soon.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Very cool Chris
However, given the high water content of a snail I was wondering about the fuel source for the fire. He must be fueled with some sort of fuel unknown to this world.

(by the way..I love your avatar!)

Thank you guys for your comments, I appreciate it very much.

A few additional thought to my composite . This image shows the atmospheric entry of this giant space snail.

Spacecraft which land on a body with an atmosphere, such as Earth, currently do so by entering at high speeds, depending on friction rather than rocket power to slow the craft. A side effect of this is aerodynamic heating, which in the case of an Earth reentry can be destructive. An aerodynamic heat shield consists of a protective layer of special materials to dissipate the heat.

In this case it is a still unknown kind of alien snail slime which is very effective, considering the size of its body. Nevertheless the great heat and flames could cause damage to its organism.
And thanks Larry for your thoughts, (I'm glad you like my avatar!), but the fire you see is not burning fuel, but alien snail slime produced with Photoshop.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
OIC :rofl:
Thank you guys for your comments, I appreciate it very much.

A few additional thought to my composite . This image shows the atmospheric entry of this giant space snail.

Spacecraft which land on a body with an atmosphere, such as Earth, currently do so by entering at high speeds, depending on friction rather than rocket power to slow the craft. A side effect of this is aerodynamic heating, which in the case of an Earth reentry can be destructive. An aerodynamic heat shield consists of a protective layer of special materials to dissipate the heat.

In this case it is a still unknown kind of alien snail slime which is very effective, considering the size of its body. Nevertheless the great heat and flames could cause damage to its organism.
And thanks Larry for your thoughts, (I'm glad you like my avatar!), but the fire you see is not burning fuel, but alien snail slime produced with Photoshop.

Paul

Former Member
Nice flames Chris, as always a great image creation, one small thing from me though, why the smudged stars in front of the slug surely it's going that way so it would be the ones behind it?

Nice flames Chris, as always a great image creation, one small thing from me though, why the smudged stars in front of the slug surely it's going that way so it would be the ones behind it?

You're right Paul, technically these smudges are not justified. It was just a too large black area there. I had to fill in something. It's just fantasy stuff i know, but looks good and surprisingly gives the illusion of speed to the fast approaching snail.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mr.T - Somebody stop him!

Chris - Just the simple addition of that station in the updated version, completely altered my minds interpretation of the image! I now see a very large, menacing space alien entering our atmo who's bent on Earth's global destruction. It's now time for earths armed forces and civilians to take up arms and mount a counter offensive against this hostile invasion.........

Start here: http://bugasalt.com/pages/how-gun-works

MrToM

Guru

Hey, I could have said...International Space Snail !
(But that would just be silly)

Think yourself lucky you didn't get that for starters!

Regards.
MrTom.

Chris - Just the simple addition of that station in the updated version, completely altered my minds interpretation of the image! I now see a very large, menacing space alien entering our atmo who's bent on Earth's global destruction. It's now time for earths armed forces and civilians to take up arms and mount a counter offensive against this hostile invasion.........

Start here: http://bugasalt.com/pages/how-gun-works

Yes Sam...free Salt Guns for everybody!:rofl: