What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beginner here. :>

VPanda

SO, I'm a beginner to the art of photoshopping, however, here are the first pieces I made using adobe. Let me know what you guys think, it can be positive or negative I don't mind. I'm here to learn. So, here they are:
Background001.jpgBackground003.jpgBackground004.jpg

hershy314

Guru
They look nice, though I'm not sure what you was trying to do. Only thing I can suggest is that the text in the middle image be centered a bit more. Maybe adding some bevel and emboss to the text to make it stand out more would be a good idea. Keep it up, we are all beginners here. We are all learning new things about PS all the time.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello VPanda and welcome.

These are very nice. I love the color choices. The inverted imagery within the letters is a nice touch. The only problem I can see is that they are all very hard to read.

What I really like about them is that they are so similar to what I have seen new Photoshop users create in the past as their first projects. This is a good exercise in clipping masks.

The really funny thing is...............here is the second image I ever created...........this was before I had Photoshop!

seascape.jpg

VPanda

hersey314; I wasn't sure what I was doing either lol. I basically wanted to get introduced with the basics of the program and I saw the layers section and worked a little with that and some images. btw, thanks for the feedback ill be sure to incorporate the changes in my next try.
IamSam; Thanks. Yeah, they were kind of hard to read, but they make great illusions on my desktop. I might mix in a little blur, like in your image, to help establish those boundaries between the words and the primary background.

Vpanda, you could just add a drop shadow to help make the text more readable, without altering it.