What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Physiograms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igrecman

Thanks dv8_fx

---------------------------------

Here is my 21st century rendition of Edvard Munch. The Scream :eek: :p
Made from the physiogram mentioned above as background.

G6caQYy.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, Igrecman, did you ever get my Excel physiogram simulator program to work for you? It's a real hoot, and can be adapted to produce amazing trajectories.

Tom

Igrecman

I installed Office 2013 this evening. Will try to check it out tomorrow.
But tried to open it in Excel without problem.
Thanks

Igrecman

So, I made some searches in Google regarding the tracing of physiograms (in software) and found that they are called Lissajous Figures.
I found this XLS file in which you just have to change some parameters in the upper yellow area to get some nice tracings.
Here is the file I used to make the pic bellow. https://www.mediafire.com/?f7g39g5ig96lyrm
Try it, it's easy, but you need Excel

N4DbG4c.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
One definitely learns something new here at PSG everyday............

I had a previous design work that needed something like this and I had but an old art tool to do this - a 2 piece gizmo - one with holes in it and placed in a plate with a large cutout circle, both with gear looking teeth along the edges. You insert the lead into any of the holes in the smaller piece and twirl it around the the main peice. You get something like the above.

I'll keep this excel trick thing in mind for future works......

Igrecman

One definitely learns something new here at PSG everyday............

I had a previous design work that needed something like this and I had but an old art tool to do this - a 2 piece gizmo - one with holes in it and placed in a plate with a large cutout circle, both with gear looking teeth along the edges. You insert the lead into any of the holes in the smaller piece and twirl it around the the main peice. You get something like the above.

I'll keep this excel trick thing in mind for future works......

Spirograph
I had that when I was a kid. The only problem with it was the pins in the cardboard often got loose while tracing and the line would get messed up.

10E1cTR.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Ahhhhh that's the one..... I always forget what its called.

But that excell version will really come in handy for computer works...... Something new to study and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.