What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Runner

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice work Alan! The only thing that throws me is her hair, seems like it's not consistent with the rest of the image.

MrToM

Guru
I agree with Sam, the hair just doesn't 'fit'.....unless she uses 'Harmony' hairspray! LOL

A couple of other things that stood out to me:

I find the 'whizz lines' a little too sharp.
They fade out OK, if a little quickly, but the rest is very defined, especially on top of their 'softer' background.

The drop-shadow, (outline), is making the whole body look really flat, like a cardboard cut-out just inches away from a huge billboard...the top of the right thigh is where its most noticeable.

Those are what I first noticed.....that's not to say they need changing, its just how I see it.

Nice image though regardless.

Regards.
MrTom.

This is a stunning creation Alan!! Great coloring!! Though I also agree with what Sam and MrT said.
In addition to that I would edit the left side of the figure with motion blur, and the right side without drop shadow. (MrT's idea).

Space Runner 1_blurred.jpg

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks everyone.. this is not a finish piece by any means, I did this in around 45 min just to see it if was worth going forward with the idea after seeing what people thought of it.

All i did was a blue layer, another blue layer and added noise, then did a motion blur on the noise, added the women, made the lines in colours and did a motion blur on some of them , added some dots and starts etc then ran through a topaz filter for bit of HDR and cartooning to get to this stage. Oh yes the hair as you rightly pointed out was just stuck on and I didn't really do anything with it, and as Chris has pointed out I didn't take much care about doing some masking either.

I posted it to see what people thought of it, although I didn't take much care in doing it the likes received and comments make me want tonow do a proper version of it, I am still not sure about blending the HRD effect with the cartoon effect though,

I think I might do this a painting and see where I get with it..

But thanks every one for the input... I put this on a public domain website for any one to do more with it. if you want go ahead. The model figure was off Deviant art, and permissions were given to do what you like with it... but for the life of me can't remember who I got it from....should have book mark the page really.

Thanks everyone.

If anyone should want to do their own version of it I will put the figure here if requested.

I would love to see your final version of this image Alan.
If you can also post the "woman pic" I would appreciate it.

inkpad.t

Guru
Will post the pic of the women soon as I get home... working some hrs at the moment, not much time but will eventually get time to do it.

inkpad.t

Guru
Finally remembered where i got the girl model from. It was deviant art... here's the link .... http://coolzero2a.deviantart.com/art/Thalia-super-H-04-425338767

There is no written rules on his page or his journal.. however as always with me I contacted him over the use of the image and he replied that I had total free range with the image to do what ever i wanted with it.

If you want to use one of his images then I would still send him an email asking him as he might not give permissions for other images unless you have ask before hand.

Thank you.