What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Club Logo-design

designamite

Hey guys, I'm making a logo for the football team of me and my friends. This is what I got so far. What are your thoughts?

25i0v3t.jpg

MrToM

Guru
Not too bad.

I'm not sure if the light grey will translate very well on different mediums....it's not that much different (only 16 shades) to the white.
Whilst this may look ok on your screen it may not be as noticeable if it were to be printed on paper, vinyl, fabric...etc etc.

On a more technical note:
1 minor thing....align the star to the shield....it's slightly left of center.

1 question.....is the bottom of the inlay meant to be like this?

non-symmetrical_A_01.png

Personally I'd see that as a mistake.....even if its intentional...it 'looks' like an error.....ya know?

Anyway, on the whole pretty good.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Nothing to tell me it's related to football..is there more to come?

Paul

Former Member
Stars on badges usually refers to cup wins or world tournament wins.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Is that really necessary?
Look at these.
Or these.

I guess you make a pretty good point Steve, but logos should in some way should put across what the sport or business does. Maybe if the animal illustrated in the center was for a famous team it might be identified with it. Otherwise, it reminds me of some kind emblem for an organization that is motivational in purpose.

designamite

Not too bad.

I'm not sure if the light grey will translate very well on different mediums....it's not that much different (only 16 shades) to the white.
Whilst this may look ok on your screen it may not be as noticeable if it were to be printed on paper, vinyl, fabric...etc etc.

On a more technical note:
1 minor thing....align the star to the shield....it's slightly left of center.

1 question.....is the bottom of the inlay meant to be like this?

View attachment 50640

Personally I'd see that as a mistake.....even if its intentional...it 'looks' like an error.....ya know?

Anyway, on the whole pretty good.

Regards.
MrTom.
Thanks for noticing the star, I will adjust it asap.

Yes, I did that on purpose. I was trying to make it a bit more dynamic. You don't like it? Do you think I should make it more obvious or delete it?

MrToM

Guru
...Yes, I did that on purpose. I was trying to make it a bit more dynamic. You don't like it? Do you think I should make it more obvious or delete it?

Its not that I don't like it but without an obvious reason to do it, it just 'looks' odd.....like its either a mistake or you couldn't make up your mind which one to use, unbalanced......it even looks like the 'reason' could be missing ..maybe a trademark or copyright mark on the right....

copyright_A_01.png

With a 'reason' to be like that it doesn't look half as 'odd'.....ya know?

To me anyway its not the usual thing to do for this type of artwork. That's not to say you can't break away from tradition but when you only get one chance is it worth the risk?

One other thing I noticed but forgot to mention is the big cat.....does the cat leaping 'downward' send out the right signals?
Would it not look more 'optimistic' if it were leaping upward?

Looking at the examples Steve posted almost all of the 'land' animals are 'rampant' or 'passant'.

Just a thought.

Regards.
MrTom.

designamite

Hello guys, I'm thankful for receiving your replies and feedback and I've used it to improve the logo. (Also, the name is changed but don't mind that, we still haven't quite agreed on the name)
Voetbal Logo C3 (300).jpg