What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This came in a nightmare...

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Okay so, I've been getting nightmares a lot, normally I can't recall them, or they're not really anything 'artworthy'

But this particular creature came in one of them, I was able to remember it vividly, enough to sketch it out and then do a larger version in Photoshop.

long story short, it beat me around and strangled me half to death... lovely!

This is the rough Photoshop concept;
archosa__head__concept_by_zeealex-d85a4q9.jpg

It doesn't look scary enough though, creepy, maybe, but not scary. I'm thinking of modelling it in 3ds at some point.

what do you think?

Paul

Former Member
Looks like a street fighter themed motorcycle helmet to me.

620.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Dreams (or nightmares) can be a great source of inspiration that is you can remember it when you wake up.

Go for it. It may not look scary but you can tweak it enough to scare even the boogieman himself.

You never know. It might be a start of something ...

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Dreams (or nightmares) can be a great source of inspiration that is you can remember it when you wake up.

Go for it. It may not look scary but you can tweak it enough to scare even the boogieman himself.

You never know. It might be a start of something ...
It definitely is for me, to the point I don't consider them nightmares, I wake up with the initial spook, then I feel so happy that I've got some inspiration, especially when I've been in a complete block for several weeks.
Most of the things I do are products of either daydreams, nightmares or an external source of inspiration; I'll look at something or listen to something and get a quick flash of an idea.

I've got some ideas after playing resident evil too late at night. So I'll make some modifications and share the result.

Not for me.
I retired 6 years ago and most of my nightmares have something to do with going back to work.

Not joking about that.

Hey Zee, how've you been?
Good drawing.
Must've been pretty bad if you had nightmares about it, but hey, it put bread on the table, right?

I've been overall quite good recently, following a huge down period, trying to busy myself as much as possible, got a few projects underway that I'll be sharing soon.