What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horror Movie Poster Critique

phenom187

New-Movie-Poster.jpg

Better or worse? Can anyone give me advice on how I might do light beams from the eyes. I'm terrible with light logic.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
How about this?
eyeglow.PNG

Hi Phenom187
It is a very good poster. Nicely done...though Hershy's idea to use displacement map to bring out the face would be worth a try. I know there are a few people here who are good at it.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Here's another. Basically a layer for each area with fx Outer Glow. Can also use a shape layer with a clipping mask and the same fx applied to the shape.
glow.PNG

phenom187

Thanks everyone for your advice, i talked to some of my Vfx they had reccomending clone stamping the door onto the face which is what I did to make the eyes look inset in the door. I try creating a displacement map of the face but it just didn't look realistic because the indents that are on the door, or maybe my technique was as perfect as as it could be.

phenom187

view

Attachments

• New-Movie-Poster.png
    New-Movie-Poster.png
    723.5 KB · Views: 0