What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constructive criticism welcome!

Yvonne

Hi, I am very very new to this 'proper' photography game, I acquired my first DSLR camera at the beginning of November this year. However, I have been a keen snapper with my point and shoot for years. I really like black and white photography but find it impossible to evaluate my own work and have no-one else to do it for me in an informed way. My husband just thinks everything I do is wonderful which is nice but not always helpful...;) I hope someone can tell me where I am going wrong - thank you in advance! I have a couple of others but have to figure out how to resize them first...
Fossil.jpgSteve and Molly-3.jpg

Hi Yvonne
I like both your images very much. But my favorite is the right one. The guy with the dog is perfectly placed in the image, the contrast is excellent for a B+W, and the atmosphere radiates great peace and contentment.
I wonder why nobody of the photography guys made any comments yet. Maybe it's because your images are just very good.
Anyway I look forward to see more of your work here.

Tom Mann

Guru
Chris: "...I wonder why nobody of the photography guys made any comments yet...."

Sorry for the delay - I'm preparing for a shoot tonight.

I'll try to get to this later.

Tom

Yvonne

Thanks for your kind words, Chris. I am such a beginner at this and all the other photos are way out of my league so I did wonder if I had committed some kind of 'faux pas' by posting them on here! You are very encouraging and I will post some more when I manage to resize them.

Yvonne

Thanks Tom - this is such a busy time of year for everyone, I didn't expect an immediate response. I hope your shoot went well.