What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMG_0006.JPG
Having a hard time uploading files. Hope this works. I've been playing around with this sort of HDR look to photos. I like this style a lot and want to do more with it and add in some composite work fro some concept ideas. Would love to get some feed back on this style and look. I'm not using any plug-ins, more on the dodge and burn side.

MrToM

Guru
Your post is fine.....Sam just meant for you to look at that thread as it contains information you may find useful.

I doubt you'll actually need any further instruction.......what you've done looks pretty darn fine to me!

Did you dodge/burn directly or use a greyscale layer with blending modes? (High pass)...as in this example...

Whatever.....Nice work.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:
I appreciate that. It's taken me much longer to do and learn than I would like to admit. LOL. I wasn't looking for the Dave Hill or the Dragan effect so much and I don't have Topaz. Yeah, 50% grayscale keeping it nondestructive. I found a couple other ways to do it too. But this one was the 50%.

MrToM

Guru
Cool....excellent job!

Always good to see people putting in the effort rather than using just filters/plugins/etc on their own and calling it a day.

I think your example speaks volumes.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
"Your post is fine.....Sam just meant for you to look at that thread as it contains information you may find useful."

Sorry, that's exactly what I meant. As I said, that link is very convoluted, but there are some great techniques in there for manually creating that Topaz effect. You can modify these techniques and have some really great effects.

Thanks Sam and Tom. Again, I appreciate the feedback. As for the posting, being new to the site I just want to make sure I'm posting in the right places and such. Cheers!

You've done a great job on this one Robert.
Using your own "technique" and working on it hard with big effort, you achieved a unique result.
Thanks for sharing!