What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steampunk Limousine

I tried to make a steampunk car once again.
Several attempts failed when I tried to place the objects in the right perspective on the surface of the car.
I realized that I had to search for images with a similar perspective like that of the car. Adapting the images in photoshop was nevertheless still difficult enough.
Another challenge was the shape and deformation of the musical instrument. I worked with Distortion, Warp and Puppet Warp.

Steamtimer_chrisdesign1400.jpg
Click to enlarge

Material Comp..jpg
Images sources:
Steampunker http://overlord-costume-art.deviantart.com
Background http://hulubei.net/tudor/photography/photos/B/u/Burning-Man-2009-IMG_5499-5529x3686.jpg
Other images from Google

I forgot to mention that I would love to hear your critical comments and suggestions.
This is very important to me because I often do not see details that stand out immediately to another person.
Thanks Chris.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I love it chris. As usual, your steampunk work is intricate and very cool.

My only comment at first glance regards the steam, I t seems to me that the steam in the foreground which comes out of the, well, whatever that invention on his back is, does not seem quite enough. I am wondering if it shouldn't be thicker and obscuring the mechanical piec a bit more, and also be more dense on the sides as it would extend itself in a sort of triangular form.Back to the steam, it also looks a bit weird to me on the very bottom where I would expect it to be more diffuse.

I very much like the blending of images and color manipulation! Great job!

Paul

Former Member
As always bright light and very groovy my friend, lovely subtle tones with some great blending a winner indeed.

I love it chris. As usual, your steampunk work is intricate and very cool.

My only comment at first glance regards the steam, I t seems to me that the steam in the foreground which comes out of the, well, whatever that invention on his back is, does not seem quite enough. I am wondering if it shouldn't be thicker and obscuring the mechanical piec a bit more, and also be more dense on the sides as it would extend itself in a sort of triangular form.Back to the steam, it also looks a bit weird to me on the very bottom where I would expect it to be more diffuse.

I very much like the blending of images and color manipulation! Great job!

I appreciate your comment very much Clare, and thank you for your suggestions.

The scene shows two steam punks who meet having a chat.
Both guys set the functions of their steamy devices to "idle". Therefore, not much strong steam can be seen flowing out.
For me, a very important point was that the devices should not be covered too much by the steam.
Simply put, the vapor should not be the main attraction in this image, but rather the car.

In the meantime, I have increased and changed the shape of the steam like you suggested, but I was not happy with the result. It looked artificial to me, so I guess I leave it like it is.

DBV

Very good job! Good blending, perspective and color matching! Like it a lot!!!

I was just looking at it again and caught something that might be cool? Than again it might be too much. The far guy appears to be smoking a pipe? You have exhaust or steam coming from everything else, but maybe add it to this guys pipe as well? Maybe you already did this and didn't like it? I just had a hard time figuring out what he was holding but thought that would make it more obvious. Either way, great work. Cheers!

I was just looking at it again and caught something that might be cool? Than again it might be too much. The far guy appears to be smoking a pipe? You have exhaust or steam coming from everything else, but maybe add it to this guys pipe as well? Maybe you already did this and didn't like it? I just had a hard time figuring out what he was holding but thought that would make it more obvious. Either way, great work. Cheers!

Thanks for looking and your interesting comment Robert. I appreciate it.
You're right, he is smoking a pipe. And it crossed my mind to add some steam. I decided against it, didn't even try, because I thought it would look to ridiculous.