What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting for Departure

Waiting until the journey begins is even in today's modern times still very relevant.
This is not different for the "Steam Punkers". A mother and child scene in the train station, illustrated as here in my composite was again a big Photoshop challenge for me.
Critique or suggestions are very welcome.

Steam_punk_Waiting for departure1400.jpg

Steam_punk_Waiting for departure1400.jpg
updated version

The two main images are from here:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Steam-punk-d-stock-32-161017303
http://mizzd-stock.deviantart.com/art/Post-Apocalypse-Portrait-3-168092768
All other images I found with Google.

used images.jpg

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Wow! Wow! Wow! I am speechless. Beautiful Chris!:thumbsup:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm not blown away by this..... more like blown off my feet and laid flat on the floor.

I like the way you used the clarinet as ornaments on the child's and woman's head dress and what looks like parts of the mechanical glove?......

:yourock:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great job Chris. I love the concept but I don't understand the position and size of the mechanical glove. I assume the child is just carrying the glove but the way it's positioned it creates an odd illusion for me.

It's position obscures the woman's arm holding the child and makes it appear like the woman has a tiny short and fat arm (and hand) and she's wearing the right handed mechanical glove on her tiny left arm. It's one of those things that once I see it I cant stop focusing on it.

Last edited:
ALB68, dv8_fx: Thank you both for your nice comments...always much appreciated.
IamSam: Thank you very much for your comment and for looking so closely. I appreciate that.
I worked a long time on the glove in question. Tried different sizes, positions and bendings. Still couldn't get it quite right. Something seems to be very odd, but I could not put my finger on it.
But your comment about "short and fat arms or tiny left arm" suddenly opened my eyes. The mechanical glove which covers the mothers right arm is a left hand glove.
I have to change this Sam...I don't know how yet, but I'll do it and post a new version soon.

Paul

Former Member
Chris you are the mech guy here at psg, love the mix of images and the way you create limbs and joints from obscure items, love it.