What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steampunk Airship

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
hmm, i'd say more cyberpunk than steampunk to be honest, but it still rocks out!

it needs a reflection on the water though. :)

hmm, i'd say more cyberpunk than steampunk to be honest, but it still rocks out!

it needs a reflection on the water though. :)

Thanks for your comment Zeealex...I appreciate it.
There is a large shadow underneath the airship, the distance to the water is just to big for a believable reflection.
Those were my thoughts anyway.

Chris, cool design. I agree with Alex, though. Try using some distortion on the reflected image, so it's really broken up to show that distance.

MrToM

Guru
...the distance to the water is just to big for a believable reflection...
On first look I took the 'SnailShip' to be much closer to the viewer...going on the size of the ship in the water.

If that's the case then I agree with Chris, any reflection of it in the water would be off the bottom of the image and therefore not seen.

If OTOH it really IS that big, (compared to the size of the ship), then maybe, just maybe, it would have some reflection.....I dunno for sure....it looks ok to me to be honest.

Whatever, its still another great Image Chris!

Do you eat lots of cheese before bedtime? :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

On first look I took the 'SnailShip' to be much closer to the viewer...going on the size of the ship in the water.

If that's the case then I agree with Chris, any reflection of it in the water would be off the bottom of the image and therefore not seen.

If OTOH it really IS that big, (compared to the size of the ship), then maybe, just maybe, it would have some reflection.....I dunno for sure....it looks ok to me to be honest.

Whatever, its still another great Image Chris!

Do you eat lots of cheese before bedtime? :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.
MrToM:Thank you very much for your kind words and your comment, always much appreciated.
Another indication for the huge size of the ship are the passenger windows at the back.

Chris, cool design. I agree with Alex, though. Try using some distortion on the reflected image, so it's really broken up to show that distance.

Hi Agent
I appreciate your comment very much. Though I think your suggestion of a distorted ship image as a reflection on the water is impossible to apply to this image.
The bottom of the airship is just a smooth black surface, there is nothing to reflect, though the huge airship body can only throw a blurred shadow on the water surface.
MrTom already mentioned this in his comment.

Your comment is greatly appreciated Paul. Thank you.

The "flow" is a funny thing. Sometimes it's just there and things run smoothly, no matter if it's in sports, business or hobby.
And other times it's like walking through sticky glue. No matter what you do, you just don't get anywhere.
On this composite I had to work myself through 3 versions until I had the idea with the VESPA image to create the snailbody.
The "snail airship" body is actually a "hybrid thing", part mechanical und part organic. Like Zee mentioned in her post, it is more cyberpunkish.

Paul

Former Member
How about a steampunk styled computer desk top with monitor and keyboards in your style mate?

Great idea Paul...though I don't want to copy anyone with my images. But yes, maybe I try something?
There is a Swiss guy who builds real steampunk devices. Check out his site.

underwood-pentium-01.jpg